Donating to the Library
Yukon Public Libraries are pleased to accept donations of library materials to augment the collections of Whitehorse Public Library and community libraries.
Donations that will enhance library collections are accepted as space permits, and are processed and added as time permits. Yukon Public Libraries cannot provide any pickup or delivery services. Please contact Whitehorse Public Library or any community library in advance to find out if donations are being accepted and if your materials are suitable.
Guidelines and terms for donations:
- All items must be clean, complete, and in good condition. Preference is given to 'as new' items.
- Yukon Public Libraries reserves the right to refuse and/or dispose of any or all donations or gifts. Certain items are not accepted, for example audio and video cassettes, print encyclopedias and reference book sets, Readers Digest Condensed books, computer manuals, textbooks etc.
- Donations may be given to another Yukon Library, sold by the Friends of the Whitehorse Library or a community library, or disposed of by Government of Yukon, at the discretion of Public Libraries staff.
- Tax receipts are not provided for any materials received.
- No payment can be made to donors of any gifts or donations.
For more information, please see our Donations/Gifts Policy